Nota Bene: this project is currently unsupported by me. There are several reasons:
If you want to support this project, feel free to drop me a letter. We'll discuss it.
- the lack of time
- The vast majority of my friends use Jabber. Which is more flexible then ICQ and has open protocol.
- There is no fun for me to find new protocol changes every month as it was before :)
- CVS has been moved to cvs.bluezbox.com
vICQ is simple ICQ client written in PERL with look & fill of micq and
works fine with v7 protocol of ICQ. It based on Net::ICQ2000 module
written by Robin Fisher
and slightly modified by me.
- Send messages
- Receive messages
- Handle visibles/invisibles
- Send and receive SMS messages
- Send and receive URL messages
- Invoke browser on the received URL
- Fetch user information from Mirabilis
- Receive contacts
- Receive offline messages
- Receive authorization requests
- Grant authorization
- Work through HTTPS/SOCKS proxies
- Set White Pages basic info
- Search through White Pages
- Execute user-defined command on incoming events
- Handling incoming direct connection operations: message/URL/contacts/contacts request/status message request
- Handling server side contacts
TO DO or not TO DO, that is the question
Latest version of TODO could be found here
POD documentation converted using pod2html - here.
You can subscribe to vicq-devel mailing list here, or browse archives.
NB You can download latest vicq sources using anonymous CVS from cvs.bluezbox.com:
cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvs login
cvs -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs co vicq
vicq-0.3.tgz maintained by Kevin Lo
maintained by Luis Bustamante
maintained by Vovik Alyekhin
vICQ current snapshot, may be buggy, see ChangeLog for changes
vicq-devel tarball fix for "Feb. 10th problem", but for those of you who keeps own patches for vIQ.pm there is a patch that addresses the issue.
"Old type messages" bugfix release.
Thanks to FreeLSD <email@example.com> for patch.